Withdrawing Social Security Benefits Request | Southern Minnesota

I started my Social Security Benefit this year but I discovered that I’ll have to pay it back because I’m still working, so can I stop my benefit & start over?

If you are under full retirement age and you change your mind within the first year, of receiving your Social Security benefits, you can withdraw your application.  You will have to complete a Request for Withdrawal of Application, Form SSA-521, and repay what you received. Your benefits will continue to grow and there will be no penalty for this “trial run”, the end result being like nothing ever happened.  Please contact our office, Sandy Flom LLC, either by telephone or by our convenient online form for help determining when you should start to draw your Social Security.