Property Tax Refund | Southern Minnesota

Q:  I never did the property tax refund before but my neighbor told me they got a refund.  Do I have to apply to the Property Tax Refund?

A:  The MN Property Tax Refund is not a required form, but it can pay you a refund if you qualify.  It’s a double sliding scale based on how much you make and how much you pay in property taxes.  So if you rent, you need your 2015 CRP. But if you are a home owner, you need your 2016 Property Tax Statement, and, since taxes have gone up, more people are qualifying for refunds this year.  So complete the M1PR to see if you qualify or bring your information into our office to help you.